Monday, March 30, 2015

Holy Week Post - Religious (or Religious-ish) Books on my To Be Read List

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that this week on the blog is going to be a unique one. For Christians all around the world this week is Holy Week, where the death and resurrection of Christ is celebrated/observed. I'm a Christian so I am also celebrating/observing this week. I thought I'd take the opportunity to make my celebrations/observation reach to the blog too. 

Here's a couple of books (among the many others) on my TBR. Anyone read any of these? Any I should add? (Click on covers to go to their goodreads page)

22504620

There's been a lot of talk about the high pressure and expectations that we put on ourselves lately. I saw this and thought that it might be a good reminder for me!

7848348

This book was written by the brother of famous (recently-ish deceased) atheist Christopher Hitchens. I thought it could be an interesting perspective. My library had this, someone lost it, and it hasn't been replaced yet. Argh!


23505897

First of all, meow cover. You foxy. Also it's about CS Lewis so obviously I'm in. Jamie at Books and Beverages just did an interview with the author and he was great!

22798877

I keep trying to win this book through a Goodreads giveaway. (I used to win those things all the time and now I never do. I don't understand. I always read and reviewed what I won...Anyway). Thought this book would be fun because it talks about travel too!

814983

I've heard about this author a lot but not actually read anything by her. I like the sub title, so many days roll by that I think are just blah, so this might help me appreciate more.

2 comments:

  1. Great list - Can't wait to read Called :) I've heard Shauna Niequist speak and really enjoyed what she shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Shauna is friends with my imaginary bff Jen Hatmaker, so I knew she must be good!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!